The Great Girlie Gossip Valentine’s Day Roundup!
With Valentine’s Day not far away, we thought that it was time we helped you and your loved one get super organised with plenty of Valentine’s Day gift ideas and romantic themed products in our great Girlie Gossip Valentine’s Day Roundup! Check out our image gallery below for pictures of each product!
1. True Rose by Yankee Candle ®: as fragrant as a bouquet of flawless deep, red roses.
Rich and velvety, True Rose is one bouquet which will last beyond Valentine’s Day, the finest ingredients and pure natural extracts create a beautiful romantic ambience and a true passion for fragrance.
Housewarmer Jar £18.99, prices start from £1.75 for a Sampler votive candle. Available from www.yankeecandle.co.uk or call 0845 050 2623 for the nearest stockist.
2. Iconic striped china Cornishware from T.G.Green & Co. has a new addition to its range of Cornish Red for last minute Valentine’s Day gifts. A couple of mugs are a pair of red mugs which can be personalised with up to 12 letters each in a stylish gift box for £25. If two sets are bought postage is free from Cornishware maker T.G.Green & Co’s online shop www.tggreen.co.uk
3. Something From Tiffany’s – Melissa Hall
Doesn’t every girl dream of getting something from Tiffany’s? On 5th Avenue in New York City, two very different men are shopping for gifts for the women they love. Gary is buying his girlfriend Rachel a charm bracelet. Partly to thank her for paying for their holiday-of-a-lifetime to New York. But mainly because he’s left his shopping far too late.
Whereas Ethan’s looking for something a little more special – an engagement ring for the first woman to have made him happy since he lost the love of his life.
But when the two men’s shopping bags get confused, and Rachel somehow ends up with Ethan’s ring, the couples’ lives become intertwined.
As Ethan tries to reunite the ring with the woman it was actually intended for, he discovers this isn’t that easy. Does fate have other ideas for the couples? Or is there simply a bit of Tiffany’s magic in the air?
Hodder Paperback £6.99
4. A touch of Luxury with Pink and Gold POP Champagne!
Gold POP is a Grand Cru vintage Champagne, sourced from just five of the very best vineyards in the region. Gold POP – the only Grand Cru vintage Champagne available in a 20cl bottle – has a blend of carefully selected parcels of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir which combine to produce a very high quality vintage Champagne. It has a fine, delicate nose with a delicious ripe flavour encompassing richness, delicacy and finesse.
Served in a fun sized 20cl Champagne bottle, POP is ideal for drinking with a straw, and even has a traditional cork top, so you get the chance to go POP.
Gold POP retails from £16 a bottle, and is stocked at Harvey Nichols and Justerini & Brooks via their website, www.justerinis.com.
5. Radox! To celebrate Valentine’s Day 2012 Radox has a couple of bath treats designed to keep you and your partner’s senses bubbling all night long. Pour Calendula & Rose bath for a calming, luxurious soak, or ‘spice it up’ with a glug of Eastern Spirit.
Both come in shades of pink which make them perfect Valentine’s gifts and they will ensure you stay in your partner’s good books once Saint Valentine has been and gone – just keep running those baths!
Calendula & Rose Moisture Soak – Calendula and natural rose essence leaves a sweet, flowery fragrance that sets just the right mood for a relaxing bath and helps leave your skin soft and silky. RRP: £1.89
Eastern Spirit Bath Therapy – Inspired by Oriental traditions and including Lotus Flower and Orange Blossom, the Eastern Spirit allows you to sink into a blissful and aromatic bath. RRP: £1.89
6. Make this Valentine’s Day one to remember at Roux at the Pembury, where Michelin-starred chef Michel Roux Jr and Bar Manager Abdulai Kpekawa will win over hearts and tastebuds, with the delectable Valentine’s Day cocktail, Avec Moi. Combining vodka, framboise, Aperol and Kammerlings – a ginseng spirit that incorporates 45 natural botanicals including ginseng, fresh grapefruit peels and manuka honey – Avec Moi is an exotic blend designed to tantalize all tastes.
While Valentine’s traditionally lasts for a single day, this is one love affair worth extending. Avec Moi will be available throughout the month of February, keenly priced at £15 for two. Roux at the Pembury is named in recognition of Michel Roux Jr’s own birthplace, Pembury in Kent, and provides the ideal setting to relax with colleagues, friends and loved ones in informal and welcoming surrounds this February. The bar is part of Roux at Parliament Square, operated by Michel Roux Jr and Restaurant Associates.
Located in the stunning surrounds of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) the restaurant offers classic dishes ‘re-visited’ with a contemporary twist. Roux at the Pembury is open from 12noon – 11pm, Monday to Friday.For enquiries please call +44 (0) 207 334 3737
7. Philosophy 5 Piece Kiss of Grace Fragrance Collection
QVC Price: £56.50 Item No. 225290
Treat a loved one to a multi-sensory experience with pampering Philosophy beauty! This five-piece set features five full-sized products including the award-winning shampoo, bath and shower gel, spray fragrance, perfumed body butter, brand new fragrance solid and fragrance-inspired high-gloss lip shine.
8. Spaceform London! Every time Valentine’s comes around, railway stations, tubes and buses are full of men rushing by with their gripped bunch of “this will do” flowers, to make sure they don’t come home empty handed. But it doesn’t have to be this way! Witnessing these last minute attempts at romance every year, you wouldn’t believe some of the stories we get at Spaceform, about true love, friendship and families. We design really simple, gorgeous, glass gifts, and have just launched personalised engraving because of one of our all time favourite Spaceform love stories. Create your own personal Valentines item here!
9. Codorníu Vintage Rosado 2009 – Monastrell, Pinot Noir, Macabeo, Xarel.lo, Parellada – D.O. Cava – RRP £13.99 – available at Tesco and on offer at £6.99 from the 31st January to 21st FebruaryThis delicious and refreshing rosé cava is made from a blend of Pinot Noir and local Spanish grape varieties. With fine bubbles, delicate brioche notes from ageing and aromas of red fruits and citrus, it is ideal as an aperitif or paired with tapas.
10. NEW Vaseline Lip Therapy Pink Tin, RRP – £6.99 – This fab pink keepsake Vaseline tin contains 4 regular sized tins of Vaseline inside, making for a cute and handy Valentine’s day gift idea! We love it!
11. Lulu Guinness for Noble Macmillan! In the late 1970’s Tom Dodd Noble and Adam Macmillan started a garage offering a full range of services including MOT servicing. They began producing leather folders for each MOT Certificate to help subsidise their Le Mans racing team.
From these humble beginnings Noble Macmillan has since been producing the finest handmade albums, frames and journals in the same shop just off the Gloucester Road. In the office you can still see the car jacks that once held the infamous Le Mans car. Each item comes beautifully wrapped in Noble Macmillan’s new signature midnight blue and cream boxes, tied with a cream grosgrain ribbon.Every gift can be embossed in store with a name, initials or message from £3 per character in silver or gold leaf or blind.
Lulu Guinness for Noble Macmillan:
· Each item comes beautifully wrapped in Lulu Guinness signature purple and white striped boxes.
· Each notebook is gold leaf stamped with Lulu’s trademark lip blot.
12. Lulu’s Time Body Cream
QVC Price £25.02 tem No. 222867
Lightly scented with Lulu’s TIME eau de toilette this body cream conditions and smooths skin leaving it velvety soft without being greasy or heavy. Heavenly!
13. Surprise your loved-one with the Champneys Wild Rose Collection this Valentine’s Day, whichwill last longer than flowers but smell just as sweet. The indulgent Champneys Wild RoseCollection was inspired by the Champneys Pink Cluster Rose, a vivacious pastel pink climberwith a highly scented bloom found growing in and around the grounds of Champneys resorts.Enjoy a candlelit romantic bath with the Wild Rose Bathing Cream (£6.00). This delicately scentedbath cream feels luxurious and relaxing.
Nourish the skin while wrapping it in the beautifully soft rosearoma with the Wild Rose Body Wash (£6.00). Follow with the Wild Rose Bathing Oil (£9.50) toleave your skin soft and supple.Don’t forget, your hands need pampering too. Wild Rose Hand Wash (£5.50) contains natural olivederived cleansing agents and moisturising glycerine, while the Wild Rose Hand Lotion (£6.50) leaveshands feeling soothed and silky soft.