What do you do when your wife can’t tell the difference between a shrink and a shop, your eight year old son may have serious psychological problems, while his gay godfather lies half beaten to death in hospital? Your boss is drawing you into a scam which could cost you your career and your father expects more of you than you feel you can deliver – these are the dilemmas and secrets of Marcus Aylesbury (Damian Lewis).
Set for DVD release by Momentum Pictures on 7 April 2008 Chromophobia is a darkly comedic drama, directed and written by Martha Fiennes (Onegin), which shows that every family has its secrets and tries to hold them hidden within domestic walls. A superb ensemble cast portrays a collection of characters that find themselves in situations which threaten their stable place in a society where privilege, birth and beauty are no longer powerful enough to protect the fortunate few.
Though this is a story about a bourgeois family slowly coming apart at the seams in London, it is equally as relevant in Los Angeles, New York, Paris or Tokyo. Chromophobia shines a torch into the closets and bedrooms of those who ought to know better and rattles the foundations of affluent, trendy London society.
Psychoanalysis, cosmetic surgery, retail therapy, yoga and adultery are now the way we deal with boredom and discontent in our lives, our work and our marriages. Is there a place for tradition, loyalty, honesty or morality in today’s world? Chromophobia deals with the comedy, dramas and dilemmas of a modern life in which we all have been told that… WE CAN HAVE IT ALL.
Lucky Girlie Gossip Members can now win a copy of Chromophobia on DVD! All you have to do to win is answer the simple question below:
Rhys Ifans has starred in a music video for which British band?
Use the contact form below to email us your answer but dont forget to register first HERE and include your Girlie Gossip username alongside your entry! You will then be a member of the community and can voice your own opinions on all of our articles and features. Competition Closes April 16th. Good Luck!
************* CLOSED **************
1. Entry to the competitions is restricted to one entry per person please.
2. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. Excessive multiple entries from the same email account pertaining to be representative of friends and family will also be disqualified at the judges discretion.
4. No automated entries or third party are permitted!
5. Competitions are open to UK residents only unless otherwise stated
6. Prizes can only be sent to a valid UK address unless otherwise stated
7. Winners will be chosen at random, by computer, from all correct and valid entries to the competition
8. Winners will be contacted via email.
9. We are compliant with the data protection act. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent.
10. The Judges decision is final and no correspondance will be entered in to.
11. You must be a member of GirlieGossip.Com to enter these competitions.